When couples start planning their wedding it can be very overwhelming especially finding out all of the wedding costs. It can all add up very fast so here are a couple money saving tips:
1. Cut the guest list. This will save on so many different parts of the wedding.
2. Book your wedding during the off season or a weekday/Sunday. This will save thousands!
3. Ask for wedding help not gifts from family and friends that can offer services
4. Buy a wedding dress off the sale rack.
5. Sit more guests to a table so you need fewer centerpieces and tablecloths.
6. Use more greenery than flowers
7. Swap out the expansive flowers for some that aren’t as costly.
8. Buy flowers that are in season.
9. Put out centerpieces that are biggest friendly and simple.
10. But used wedding decorations.
11. Offer beer, wine, and a signature cocktail instead of a full bar.
12. Stock the bar yourself. 13. Have a champagne toast with only wedding party everyone else can toast their drink from the bar
14. Order a small cake- or two-tier cake and cut a larger sheet cake hidden in the kitchen to serve to guests.
15. Use fresh flowers on your cake, not sugar ones.
16. Skip the expensive fillings or frosting on your cakes.
17. Don’t have a grooms cake.
18. Get single-page invites to save on postage.
19. Give out one favor per couple.
20. Have favors that can be used as escort cards.
21. Email your save-the-dates to guests.
22. Make many of your items yourself like escort cards, decor, invitations, favors, etc.
23. Hire a band or DJ who can do the ceremony and the reception.
Your guests will be happy and so will you when you know you aren’t spending a fortune on your big day.
(Featured image by: Don’t Miss a Moment Photography www.dontmissamomentphotography.com)